Every week I will be pumping out the top three games of the week, breaking them up with Best Game, Potential Upset, and Most Intriguing, and I will be giving my prediction for final scores.
*The Line is based off ESPN.
Best Game: #23 Kentucky @ #8 Auburn
- Line: AUB -7.5
- Kentucky: 21
- Auburn: 17
- This should be the best game of the week one slate of games and offers the most to win and lose on each side of the field. Whichever team wins has a good chance of really making a name for themselves this season. I ultimately think Kentucky’s stout secondary will be able to slow Bo Nix down, and their offense will be able to do just enough to edge out a close victory. It all boils down to, low scoring game, Kentucky wins, high scoring game, Auburn wins.
Potential Upset: Mississippi St. @ #6 LSU
- Line: LSU -16.5
- Mississippi St: 21
- LSU: 35
- Let me start this off by saying I don’t think Mississippi St. is going to win this game, and it really might not even be close. However, if Costello and Leach can hit it off, Mississippi St. could be a force to reckon with in the SEC. LSU is coming off a National Championship but did happen to lose a ton of talent on the offensive side of the ball, including the biggest reason they won the Championship, Joe Burrow. With Ja’Marr Chase’s recent opting out, they are going to need people to step up big.
Most Intriguing: #16 Tennessee @ South Carolina
- Line: TENN -3.5
- Tennessee: 27
- South Carolina: 17
- South Carolina could end up being one of the lower-tier teams in the SEC, but they get a pretty decent pull with Tennessee who could be a huge wildcard this year. I think this will be one to look for and one of the biggest deciders of South Carolina and Tennessee fates for the year.
Rest of the League:
- #5 Florida: 32 @ Ole Miss: 16
- Line: FLA -14
- #4 Georgia: 38 @ Arkansas: 13
- Line: UGA -26.5
- Vanderbilt: 7 @ #10 Texas A&M: 38
- Line: TA&M -31
- #2 Alabama: 42 @ Missouri: 14
- Line: ALA -27
Check out our podcast wherever podcasts are found and on Twitter at @MCDIPod. Follow Jacob on Twitter at @Tberry57, Ricky at @rickyvalero_, and Kenzie at @kenzvanunu. Make sure to check out the rest of the Drive-In Network Podcasts as well. Follow along, subscribe to the podcast, leave a review, and always remember to drive safe!