Roku Orders Second Season of Most Dangerous Game
Christoph Waltz to Reprise Starring Role;
David Castañeda to Join Cast as New Lead, Victor Suero
· Roku has greenlit a second season of Most Dangerous Game, the action thriller written by Nick Santora. The series will be produced by CBS Studios.
· Two-Time Academy Award Winner Christoph Waltz will reprise his starring role as Miles Sellers, the CEO of The Tiro Fund – a front for a centuries old game in which hunters pay exorbitant fees for the privilege of hunting the most cunning and dangerous prey there is.
· David Castañeda joins cast as new lead Victor Suero, a down-on-his-luck fighter, who will do anything to protect his sister and when he learns she’s in trouble, he springs into action. To protect her, he agrees to participate in a deadly game. If he survives, he’ll make a fortune. Out of love for his sister – he’s determined to live…
· Nick Santora will return to serve as writer and executive producer.
· Season 2 of Most Dangerous Game will be set in New York City.
- Actor, David Castañeda: “When I read the script I couldn’t sleep for a few days. Thinking of a man given the opportunity of making money to provide for his sister — it reminded me of my family, their struggle and ingenuity in necessity. This story will connect with them and hopefully many more. Also, Christoph Waltz is the man. I can’t wait to jump on this opportunity with Roku and bring the streamers along for a thrilling ride.”
- Writer and Executive Producer, Nick Santora: “The response we’ve seen to Most Dangerous Game on The Roku Channel has been tremendous, and I’m thrilled to be bringing another action-packed season to streamers. Season two will be set in New York and let’s just say, it’ll be a whole new game.”
- Roku’s Head of Scripted, Colin Davis: “Audiences gravitated towards the dynamic storytelling and uncompromising action of season one. Nick Santora’s script for season two takes the thrill to the next level in New York and with David Castañeda joining Christoph Waltz, it was an easy decision to bring Most Dangerous Game back for another season.”
· The first season of Most Dangerous Game is available now on The Roku Channel. In addition to Roku devices, The Roku Channel is available on Web, iOS and Android devices, Amazon Fire TV and select Samsung TVs and can be accessed internationally in the U.S., Canada and the U.K.
· From award-winning scripted entertainment and engaging documentaries to new breakout unscripted series, Roku Originals gives viewers free access to bold, fresh entertainment from the biggest names in Hollywood. The Roku Channel, the exclusive home of Roku Originals, saw robust growth with streaming hours more than doubling year-over-year in Q2 2021.
· Launched in 2017, The Roku Channel is the home of free and premium entertainment on the Roku platform. It features a diverse lineup of more than 40,000 free movies and programs and 190+ free live linear television channels. The Roku Channel licenses and distributes content from more than 175 partners.
- About Most Dangerous Game S1: Desperate to take care of his pregnant wife before a terminal illness can take his life, Dodge Maynard (Liam Hemsworth) accepts an offer to participate in a deadly game where he soon discovers that he’s not the hunter… but the prey. This action-thriller explores the limits of how far someone would go to fight for their life and their family. Let the games begin.
· First season credits for Most Dangerous Game:
- Starring: Liam Hemsworth, Christoph Waltz
- Cast: Sarah Gadon, Zach Cherry, Aaron Poole, Christopher Webster, Billy Burke and Natasha Bordizzo, and Jimmy Akingbola
- Writer / Executive Producer: Nick Santora
- Director/ Executive Producer: Phil Abraham
- NWEPs: Gordon Gray and Silver Reel Pictures
- Produced by: CBS Studios
- About Christoph Waltz (Christoph Headshot ): Christoph Waltz won his second Academy Award for his performance in Quentin Tarantino’s “Django Unchained.” The role of Dr. King Schultz also garnered him Best Supporting Actor honors at the 2013 Golden Globe and BAFTA awards. In 2009, Waltz received the Academy, SAG, BAFTA, Golden Globe and Cannes Film Festival awards for his portrayal of Nazi Colonel Hans Landa in Tarantino’s “Inglorious Bastards”. On December 1, 2014, Waltz was honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Most recently, Waltz was seen in Robert Rodriguez’s “Alita: Battle Angel,” opposite Rosa Salazar, Jennifer Connelly, and Mahershala Ali. Twentieth Century Fox released the film, which is produced by James Cameron and Jon Landau, on January 14, 2019.
In 2017, Waltz was seen co-starring alongside Matt Damon, Hong Chau and Kristen Wiig in Alexander Payne’s “Downsizing.” Paramount released the film on December 22, 2017. Waltz also starred as Captain Rom alongside Samuel L. Jackson, Margot Robbie and Alexander Skarsgård in David Yates’ “The Legend of Tarzan.”
In 2015, Waltz starred as Oberhauser opposite Daniel Craig’s James Bond in MGM and Sony Pictures’ “Spectre.” In 2014, Waltz was seen starring as Walter Keane alongside Amy Adams as Margaret Keane in Tim Burton’s biopic, “Big Eyes” and was nominated for a Golden Globe award for Best Actor in a Comedy or Musical on for his performance in the film. Also in 2014, Waltz appeared alongside Jason Bateman, Charlie Day, Jason Sudeikis, Jennifer Aniston and Chris Pine in Sean Anders’ highly anticipated comedy, “Horrible Bosses 2,” which was released by Warner Bros.
In 2012, Waltz starred in Terry Gilliam’s “The Zero Theorem” with Matt Damon and Tilda Swinton, and he lent his voice to Fox’s animated feature, “Epic”. In 2011, Waltz starred in “Carnage,” an adaptation of Yasmina Reza’s Tony-winning play, God of Carnage. Roman Polanski directed the film and Waltz starred opposite Kate Winslet, Jodie Foster and John C. Reilly. The same year, he also starred in “The Three Musketeers” for director Paul W.S. Anderson and Summit Entertainment. Waltz played Cardinal Richelieu alongside a cast that included Milla Jovovich, Orlando Bloom and Mads Mikkelsen
In April 2011, Waltz co-starred in “Water for Elephants,” the Richard LaGravanese-scripted adaptation of the novel by Sara Gruen. Waltz played a circus owner in the film opposite Reese Witherspoon and Robert Pattinson. Prior to that, Waltz played Chudnofsky in Michel Gondry’s “The Green Hornet” alongside Seth Rogan and Cameron Diaz.
Off screen, Waltz spent a portion of 2013 directing his first opera, Richard Strauss’ “Der Rosenkavarlier”. His production premiered in December 2013 at the Vlaamse Opera in Antwerp with musical direction by Dmitri Jurowski and Philipp Pointner. The comic opera follows the romantic desperation of two couples in 18th century Vienna. In 2017, Waltz directed Giuseppe Verdi’s “Falstaff,” also with the Vlaamse Opera.
Waltz’s work in European television, film and theatrical productions spans three decades. His motion picture credits include “Gun-Shy”, the Berlin Film Festival entry “Lapislazuli”, “Dorian”, “She, Falling Rocks”, “Ordinary Decent Criminal”, “Our God’s Brother”, “The Beast”, “Berlin Blues”, and “Angst”. On television, Waltz appeared in the Adolf Grimme Award-winning films “Der Tanz mit dem Teufel – Die Entführung des Richard Oetker” and “Dienstreise – Was für eine Nacht Dienstreise.” For his work in “Du Bist Nicht Allein” – “Die Roy Black Story,” Waltz garnered Bavarian and German TV awards and the RTL Golden Lion.
- About David Castañeda: David Castañeda is quickly establishing himself as one of the most promising and versatile rising actors in Hollywood. He currently stars as Diego Hargreeves/#2 in Netflix’s hugely popular “The Umbrella Academy,” which is currently in production for its third season. The series has developed a massive cult following earning it the #1 spot in Netflix’s Nielsen’s ratings and additionally, during its week of release, viewers spent more time watching the series than next three shows on the top 10 combined. The show is based on the Dark Horse Comic book series of the same name- created by Gerard Way (of the rock band, My Chemical Romance)—fans love its alternate and twisted take on the superhero genre.
Stay tuned for more details of when season two will hit the streaming platform!