Reference: BFCA, “CC” (Broadcast Film Critics Association) – GG (Golden Globes) – SAG (Screen Actors Guild)
- 1 – Daniel Kaluuya in Judas and the Black Messiah (Warner Bros) – BAFTA, BFCA, GG, SAG
- 2 – Sacha Baron Cohen in The Trial of the Chicago 7 – BFCA, GG, SAG
- 3 – Paul Raci in Sound of Metal (Amazon Studios) – BAFTA, BFCA
- 4 – Leslie Odom, Jr. in One Night in Miami… (Amazon Studios) – BAFTA, BFCA, GG, SAG
- 5 – LaKeith Stanfield in Judas and the Black Messiah (Warner Bros)
Daniel Kaluuya is winning ladies and gents. No, LaKeith Stanfield won’t split votes, I’ve considered this, but if the anonymous ballots are to tell us anything, a massive majority of voters are confused as to why he is nominated in supporting and don’t agree with it, making it all the more confusing that he was able to get the nomination.
I honestly don’t even think there is much point talking about Sacha Baron Cohen as he is definitely the runner up and has won some voters over, but it simply won’t be enough to take away from the tour-de-force that is Daniel Kaluuya.
Some may say Leslie Odom, Jr. is the number three and whilst I think that is a fair place to put him, along with the face it doesn’t really matter as Kaluuya has got this, but I’d actually say it’s Paul Raci. As ‘Sound of Metal’ begins to build its momentum and find its audience, many people are coming to really appreciate Raci’s subtle but emotional performance in the film, and I think this will get him more votes.
Beyond this ladies and gents I have nothing to say, if you’re predicting anything else that isn’t Kaluuya, I respect the braveness but I just don’t know how you could.