Jacob searched what is coming out on streaming, and gives his take for what he believes are the best additions and biggest losses to streaming.
- The Disaster Artist – June 1
- Telling the truly larger than life story of Tommy Wiseau and his strange and wonderful turn into a writer, director, actor, producer, etc., and how he created one of the best worst movies of all time. James Franco beautifully captures the strangeness of a person with more question marks than “The Tiger King”.
- Lady Bird – June 3
- Written and directed by Greta Gerwig, this film is extremely personal and heartfelt. Saoirse Ronan and Laurie Metcalf are absolutely incredible, as is the supporting cast including Timothee Chalamet, Beanie Feldstein, Lucas Hedges, and more.
- Da 5 Bloods – June 12
- NEW MOVIE ALERT! A Spike Lee Joint starring a stellar cast of veteran Chadwick Boseman and 2019 breakthrough actors, Paul Walter Hauser and Jonathan Majors, this new twist on a Vietnam war film looks to be an Oscar contender already.
- Here at MCDI, we will be doing a live watch party of this film the night of its release.
- Avengers: Infinity War – June 24
- One of the final MCU films on Netflix is finally making the full jump over to Disney+. The beginning of the end to the Infinity Saga, this film brings every major avenger, up to this point, together to stop the Mad Titan, Thanos.
- Stanford Prison Experiment – June 16
- If you want to see quarantine at its worse, then watch this while you can. A darkly disturbing film, that becomes even more so when you remember this film is based on a true story.
- Jeopardy!: Seth Wilson Collection – June 27
- This one might have a bit of bias, but Seth Wilson just rocks. His run on Jeopardy! was one that one of my best friends and I quickly gravitated to the longer he was on the show. Seth managed to breeze through the show, becoming one of the best contestants the show has ever had. His eventual exit truly hurt to watch.
- Shirley – June 5
- NEW MOVIE ALERT! What promises to be an interesting and obscure film, this movie stars Elisabeth Moss and has been getting wonderful ratings since its debut at Sundance. Currently sitting at 97% on RottenTomatoes and 87 on Metacritic, this is the story of horror writers who take in a young couple and find inspiration for their new book.
- Crawl – June 18
- This monster flick was one that is just self-aware enough to actually be fun amidst the improbable circumstances. This movie is a ton of fun in looking at the outlandish circumstances that our protagonist gets into. Turn your lights off and gather some friends and watch this movie.
- Sex Drive – June 1
- An extremely under the radar goofball comedy that is filled with laughs. It ages well I think, and the humor can be found from start to finish. This is one that is highly quotable and not forgettable, and one that you might want to watch over and over.
- The Conjuring – June 30
- This is one of my favorite horror films I have seen, and that might be based on my personal bias because this was the second horror film I ever saw, the first being The Shining, and the first I ever saw in theaters. This movie still terrifies me and was good enough to spark a franchise of sequels, none of which have been able to live up to the original.
- The Green Mile – June 30
- One of the sadder movies I have ever seen, this movie gives us a purely powerful performance from the late Michael Clarke Duncan. This is also a wonderful movie from Tom Hanks as well. This is a hard watch, but a powerful one. Tissues needed.
- Nacho Libre – June 1
- NACHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo! This Jack Black movie is one that is filled with laughs and heart. It is rewatchable and one of the best, and most family-friendly, movies that Jack Black has made.
HBO Max has released and we have a full roundup of everything coming to the service here: https://musiccitydrivein.com/2020/05/26/hbo-max-movies-tv-shows-available-at-launch-the-june-schedule/
Other Streamings: Disney+ Etc.
- Tarzan & Tarzan II – Disney+ – June 26
- Both of these movies are leaving Netflix and joining Disney+. This continues the slow transition away from Disney movies in the Netflix library.
- Artemis Fowl – Disney+
- Another new movie coming out June on Disney+. This movie has been in and out with many different release dates and has been thrust upon the Disney Streaming service.
Thank you for reading along and happy streaming!
Check out our podcast wherever podcasts are found and on Twitter at @MCDIPod. Follow Jacob on Twitter at @Tberry57, Ricky at @rickyvalero_, and Kenzie at @kenzvanunu. Make sure to check out the rest of the Drive-In Network Podcasts as well. Follow along, subscribe to the podcast, leave a review, and always remember to drive safe!