Roku has three new original shows debuting in October and we have all the details for you today.
Scripted programming “When the Street Lights Go On,” “50 States of Fright” and “The Expecting” available throughout the month
- Roku® will debut three horror-themed Roku Originals, When the Street Lights Go On, 50 States of Fright and The Expecting, just in time for Halloween.
- The titles will roll out on a weekly cadence as a part of a “Freakout Friday” campaign to bring streamers with thrilling new horror content on The Roku Channel all month long.
- When the Street Lights Go On, tells the story of a double homicide in a small midwestern suburb that rattles the lives of a group of teenagers and sends investigators searching for answers in the fall of 1995. The show will premiere on Friday, October 8th.
- 50 States of Fright, executive produced by Sam Raimi, is a horror anthology with terrifying tales from every state. The show will premiere on Friday, October 15th.
- The Expecting, starring AnnaSophia Robb, Rory Culkin, and Mira Sorvino, is an edge-of-your-seat sci-fi thriller about a mysterious pregnancy and the potential dark secrets surrounding it. The show will premiere on Friday, October 29th.
- The latest Roku Originals release come the heels of the company’s announcement it is partnering with Lionsgate to create its first-ever original feature-length film based on Emmy®-winning show “Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist.” It also follows the launch of 23 Roku Original titles in August 2021