Every week I will be pumping out the top three games of the week, breaking them up with Best Game, Potential Upset, and Most Intriguing, and I will be giving my prediction for final scores.
*The Line is based off ESPN.
Best Game: #7 Auburn @ #4 Georgia
- Line: UGA -6.5
- Auburn: 35
- Georgia: 27
- Georgia may have won easily on the scoreboard, but the final score won’t tell you they were down at halftime… to Arkansas. I don’t think Georgia is a bad team, but they certainly didn’t play like a normal Georgia team as they had to lean on Walk-On junior Stetson Bennett to get the job done when Redshirt Freshman D’Wan Mathis couldn’t. J.T. Daniels is cleared to play this weekend, but this will be his first live action all season. Bo Nix and the Auburn offense looked crisp last Saturday against Kentucky, and I expect them the look the same this week.
Potential Upset: #13 Texas A&M @ #2 Alabama
- Line: ALA -16.5
- Texas A&M: 28
- Alabama: 24
- I picked TAMU preseason, and I am going to go on a limb and pick them again. The Aggies managed to fumble the ball 5 times and still win against Vanderbilt, and I think the ball security issues will be heavily touched on in practices this week. Alabama is Alabama, and they looked like it week one, but Missouri also just looked like they had no clue what they were doing on the field. Maybe I am going to regret this pick come Sunday, but for now, I am rolling with the Aggies.
Most Intriguing: Ole Miss @ Kentucky
- Line: UK -6.5
- Ole Miss: 17
- Kentucky: 24
- After a rather lackluster opening game, Kentucky is looking to bounce back against Ole Miss. This is a game they need to win if they want to remain in any sort of conversation this season, and it is one they need heading into a difficult Mississippi St. game the week after. Ole Miss played well against Florida, staying in the game for the most part, but Lane Kiffin knows he needs to win in the SEC to regain some credibility as a head coach, and he will be looking to cash in on that this week. I think Kentucky will win, but it will be a close one.
Rest of the League:
- Arkansas: 10 @ #16 Mississippi St. 35
- Line: MSST -18
- South Carolina: 14 @ #3 Florida: 35
- Line: FLA -17.5
- #20 LSU: 28 @ Vanderbilt: 7
- Line: LSU -20
- Missouri: 21 @ #21 Tennessee: 35
- Line: TENN -11.5
Jacob is a film critic and co-founder of the Music City Drive-In. He is a member of the Music City Film Critics’ Association and specializes in the awards season. You can find him on Twitter @Tberry57.