Welcome to another edition of the “The Valero Verdict” movie review. In this I will give you a quick movie review with a couple of bullet points of which I either liked or disliked. I will end the review with rating of the movie and a short overall thoughts.
On the docket today, the movie based on the smash-hit by Clay Aiken, Invisible (Man).
- Plot: When Cecilia’s abusive ex takes his own life and leaves her his fortune, she suspects his death was a hoax. As a series of coincidences turn lethal, Cecilia works to prove that she is being hunted by someone nobody can see.
- The Score: Terrible. The score was INSANELY LOUD and at times quite comical. It was funny in some sequences you had this way too loud score with an undertone of soft noises. It just wasn’t good at all.
- The Writing: Terrible. It was all over the place and it never knew what it wanted to be. As my buddy, Erick Weber said to me “The film would have been better off written as a comedy.”
It did a terrible job of making you invest in Cecilia’s character. I never once cared about her or what was going on.
- The Acting: Very over the top. Moss who is a good actress and showed highlights in this film was not at her best in this. She had a nice little fifteen-minute run when she was “crazy” which she killed it though.
- The plot holes:
Can we seal envelopes that come in the mail, please?
“The brother had envelopes full of pictures of his dead brother on his desk? What? LOL”
How did she hit Aldis daughter? I mean COME ON SHE WAS LIKE FIVE FEET FROM HER!!!!
Can cops please stop working murder cases for family and/or PEOPLE THAT LIVED IN THE COPS HOUSE!!!!
- Run Time: 2:04 – It was a solid 20 minutes too long. (actually two hours and four minutes long but I digress.
- Awards Consideration: LOL
* & 1/2 out of ***** gavels
“We both know the value of closet space” – That was an actual line from the movie.
This movie isn’t good. I don’t get the hype. I don’t get the love.
Overacted. Over-scored. Over-written.
Should You See It?: NO. NO. NO. Go see Parasite. Sonic. Bad Boys. Something other than this.
Subscribe to the Music City Drive-In podcast on all your favorite Podcasting apps. Check it out here: https://anchor.fm/musiccitydrivein
Tell me what you thought of the movie, hit me up on here or talk to me on Twitter@RickyValero_